Cleaner versions of the Mendelssohn scores
Alles Hat Siene Zeit
Die Harmonie in der Ehe
A Boy and a Girl
Concierto del sur
If Music Be the Food of Love
Fly Me to the Moon
Rehearsals for August concert
Rehearsals for the August concert are under way Tuesdays.
7.30 pm in the ANU School of Music.
Final week rehearsals at this stage will be
Tuesday 21 August
Thursday 23 August
Friday 24 August
All at Oranaa School, Westo Creek, 7.30-9.30 pm
Music at this stage is:
Concierto Del Sur
If Music be the Food of Love
Fly me to the Moon
A boy and a girl
Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel:
Cleaner versions of the Mendelssohn scores
Listed to performances of what we're learning
Haydn Die Beredsamkeit
Haydn Alles Hat Seine Zeit
Haydn Der Greis
Haydn Die Harmone in der Ehe
Rutter Banquet Fugue
Whitacre A Boy and a Girl
Whitacre Animal Crackers
Dan Walker Midwinter
Dan Walker Concierto del sur
John Purifoy If Music Be the Food of Love
Bart Howard Fly Me to the Moon
The Llewellyn Choir's aims are to produce a high standard of choral music and to have fun both in rehearsing and performing. Over the choir's 30 years, we have developed a set of standards to help to ensure that we can meet these aims. They are meant to enhance, not restrict our enjoyment of the choir.
As a choir member, you are expected to:
- Be committed. Attend regularly and inform section representatives about absences. Several absences during a rehearsal period, particularly close to a concert, may mean you will not sing in the concert.
- Practise the music at home and attend extra rehearsals and sectionals when possible.
- Arrive on time at rehearsals.
- Take responsibility for learning: come to rehearsals prepared with appropriate music and a pencil and eraser, and ask about any content covered in your absence if you have missed a rehearsal.
- Care for your musical score, particularly when it has been hired or borrowed, and mark it only with a 2B pencil.
- Take part wherever possible in committee, social, fundraising and promotional activities.
Download a membership renewal form and payment instructions:
Use this version if you just want to print it and fill it in by hand:
PDF print version
Use this version if you want to fill it in onscreen using your computer:
Onscreen fillable version
Note that it is not an online form - you have to SAVE A COPY TO YOUR COMPUTER FIRST, then type your information into it, then either email it to the treasurer or print it and hand it to him at rehearsal. To save a copy to your computer:
1. Right-click on the link and select 'Download Linked File As ...'
2. Save the file in an appropriate folder.
3. Open the file using Acrobat reader and fill in the details.
4. Save and close the file and email to the Treasurer.
Italian pronunciation guide [PDF, 51K]
Two sites which might be useful as general references for pronouncing Spanish (especially in Latin America):
This one is Mexican: rollybrook.com/pronunciation.htm
And some excellent videos:
Here is a good online resource. It has audio files available which you can download from the site:
Some French pronunciation videos
Want to practice your part at home but don't have ready access to a keyboard? Click here to find midi files and mp3 files for both the current and previous concerts, along with instructions for using them.
CyberBass is an amazing site – it contains a wealth of resources for choirs and singers, both free and for purchase. For example, for major works you can listen to midi files to help you learn your vocal line.
Choral Public Domain Library
The Choral Public Domain Library (CPDL) is an internet-based free sheet music website which specializes in choral music. It hosts a large collection of music scores and other supporting files (such as midi or other sound files) which can be freely downloaded and used.
The Silvis Woodshed
In the old days a singer would hide out in the woodshed to learn his notes. Now we have tools like midi to help us along. George Silvis hopes for this page to be a collection of midi files and tools to help singers learn their notes so that they can be ready to turn it into music when they go to rehearsal. A fantastis source of midi files for rehearsal.
King's Lynn Festival Chorus
King's Lynn Festival Chorus is the resident choir for one of the UK's growing music festivals. The Chorus was formed in 1977 for an inaugural concert conducted by Christopher Hogwood. They have a comprehensive library of midi files on their website: www.klfc.org.uk/Page%208d.html or www.klfc.org.uk/files/Download/.
|Copyright © 2013 The Llewellyn Choir Inc.||Design and hosting by Whim IT|